I gotta tell ya Hypomania does feel great … I actually wrote down my experience or I should say I wrote down my symptoms. I gotta say it’s a feeling I most prefer and most people that I know only know me in a hypomanic state where I am the life of the party. I’m great to talk to and I feel like I have more charisma as well as i’m much more bold and blunt. A complete and total contrast from when i’m in my depressive state where i’m to myself and don’t want to talk or be around anyone but at the same time I want people to reach out and show that they care… I know that sounds nuts but it’s true…
So here are some of what I go through when i’m in a hypomanic state…
- I feel giddy like I just want to laugh.
- Energetic like I want to dance or clean or just do something.
- Racing thoughts and songs going through my mind. (even songs I don’t particularly like)
- I get the urge to reach out to people that I haven’t spoken to in a long time.
- i’m very talkative and loud.
- Restlessness… I shake a lot… my legs shake
- I feel tingling all over my body in waves.
- Feeling like my pupils are dilated which is a weird feeling.
- I have the need to take deep breaths because my heart feels like it’s racing.
- I feel highly confident and sexy
I’m sure I feel some more things probably I just didn’t list them. Can any of you with bipolar 2 relate to this…? what is your experience like with hypomania? do different people experience hypomania differently?
take care and have a great day =)